Tuesday 2 October 2012

Episode One: Introduction


Hey team, this is Ideas for Dads.

I created Ideas For Dads for two reasons:

  1. To be an online resource for busy Dads to make the most of their time with their children.
  2. To refocus my own time with my own children.


Being a Dad is one of the greatest things you can do with your life, but it is hard work. Sometimes, with the lives we lead, spending time with our children becomes another thing you struggle to fit into your day. It’s not because you don’t love them, it’s just with work, chores at home and the rest of the things that fill that 24 hours - spending quality time with your children is a hard thing to accomplish.

With this website, I want to help you make the most of the time you do have. Whether it be a day, hours or minutes - I want to make sure that the time you do spend with your children is productive, fun and beneficial for everyone.

Every week I will have a new idea for you to try. This isn’t a programme you need to follow religiously, there’s no schedule. I simply want to share ideas every week so you can bookmark it and think ‘Yeah, I could do that’. I also will link to resources that may help you come up with your own ideas.

My name is Abraham, I’m married and I have three amazing children: Seven years, Three years and Five months. Two boys and a girl. I became a Dad when I was 22. It hasn’t been easy and I don’t claim to be an expert. I work full time, 45 hours a week and I found that at the end of a working day, I was too exhausted, had too much on my mind or had too much to do once I got home. This was getting in the way of spending time with my kids. I would go to bed at night full of regret that another day had gone that I wouldn’t get back - time that I could’ve spent playing, reading, laughing, teaching.


Sharing these ideas with you will require some road-testing. This is where my own family comes in. A by-product of Ideas For Dads is that it will make me put time aside to try out these ideas and make the most of my own time with my own kids. I’m excited about what this project will do for my own relationship with my children.

With these ideas, you and I can spend time with our children and have a blast doing it.

Have fun!

2 comments: